This is Mars from SpaceNavid on Etsy. It’s worked on 6×6 inch Aida cloth canvas from Michael’s; it has around a 4 1/2 inch square working area. The edges on the back are a huge mess because the stitching is around 4×4 inches and it was difficult to start and end thread anywhere near the edges; I carried thread farther than I usually do because of that. I can’t believe I finished it in about five or six weeks; I had a few minor issues, but nothing major. It’s a little off-center, though. It helped that a lot of it was large single-color areas. I was very paranoid at the beginning because I started with the large chunk of DMC 608 and was deeply afraid I would miscount somewhere and have to start over, but I constantly counted and recounted and got it right.
This is Mars from SpaceNavid on Etsy; I thought I started it last month, but it’s not in the WIP post for June. If I did start it last month, it was only a few stitches because I finished Jupiter somewhere around the 28th. I’ve made excellent progress on it; it helped that there were very large single-color areas that went very quickly. I’ve started the areas with more colors and fewer stitches per color, so the rest will not be quite so easy. I still might finish it in August, though. I’ll probably switch back to 99 after this instead of another planet.
This is Jupiter from SpaceNavid on etsy. It’s worked on 6×6 inch Aida cloth canvas from Michael’s. It’s a tiny bit off center, which I think is due to the number of stitches in it vs the number of stitches in the canvas (they’ve all been a hair off center). I got close to the end and made a push to finish it tonight. Working on it went fairly well; I had a few minor problems, but nothing major. The back is a huge mess; it’s difficult to run the thread neatly through the back near the edges. I’ve enjoyed doing these planets; I’m going to do Mars next.
I don’t feel like I did a lot of stitching this month; I’m house-sitting and am finding myself stitching less and reading more (on Goodreads, my 2017 reading challenge is 52 books and I’m already on 42; I didn’t reach 52 last year). I also got distracted by beads.
Mostly I worked on Jupiter by SpaceNavid on Etsy when I’ve been at my sister’s house; it’s small and I have the chart printed out, and I finally realized that I could just leave it there instead of carrying it back and forth. I did make decent progress on it and ought to finish it in the next month or two. I think it’s a stitch off from the center, though (I think it’s unavoidable with the number of stitches in the pattern and on the canvas).
I think the project I worked on this month was Mahjong by Seba Designs (I don’t think this design is for sale anywhere right now; I bought it from her etsy shop, which is now gone). I’m using 32-count oyster linen, DMC 310 for the outlines, and DMC 4025 for the designs. Of course, the reason why it was the thing I worked on most was because I was testing colors and making mistakes. I think my biggest problem was that I didn’t realize there were two squares around the center motif, so sometimes I counted 20 stitches and sometimes I counted 22. I think it should be smoother sailing from now on. I will probably still have counting and placement issues, but the outlines at least should be easier now that I have the middle complete and correct.