It was mostly straightforward, with no major mistakes or other problems until the end. I did the stars/snowflakes last, with the red ones first; I happened to look at the chart after I started the first grey one and realized I had done the grey stars in red and was starting the red in grey. It wasn’t a major problem; it didn’t really matter which was which color as long as there was one of each color on each side so I left them as they were.
I don’t feel like I did a lot of stitching this month; I’m house-sitting and am finding myself stitching less and reading more (on Goodreads, my 2017 reading challenge is 52 books and I’m already on 42; I didn’t reach 52 last year). I also got distracted by beads.
Mostly I worked on Jupiter by SpaceNavid on Etsy when I’ve been at my sister’s house; it’s small and I have the chart printed out, and I finally realized that I could just leave it there instead of carrying it back and forth. I did make decent progress on it and ought to finish it in the next month or two. I think it’s a stitch off from the center, though (I think it’s unavoidable with the number of stitches in the pattern and on the canvas).
I don’t feel like I stitched that much this month; I’m house-sitting for a few months and haven’t really adjusted all of my routine yet, including a place and time to stitch. I work nights, and I’m mostly sleeping when I was stitching at home; I would nap earlier in the afternoon (if needed) and eat dinner with everyone else and watch TV and stitch after dinner, and now I’m mostly eating earlier and napping later in the day. I did abandon the blackwork project completely for now; I didn’t even bring it with me.
Mostly, I worked on Jupiter from SpaceNavid on Etsy because it’s small and portable and I have the chart printed out, so I take it to my sister’s when I go for dinner and/or TV (no cable here). I do have the charts for the others, though I’ve been working from scans for 99. The other one is small, but it’s for a Christmas card that I don’t want my sister or her family to see before then. I think most of Jupiter’s progress is from this month; I did a couple of stitches in February when I bought the chart and I might have worked on it some in March and forgotten to take a picture of it (I keep it in a tote bag). I’m not entirely sure I centered it correctly, but it will have to do.
This month, I worked the most on 99 by Ink Circles. I am enjoying working on it; I am a beer drinker and it’s fun trying to recognize the bottles or seeing new ones. I’m working it on 32 count natural linen. I did make a couple of changes: the brackets holding up the shelves were in two parts and I connected them, and one of the bottles had a bottle color in the label part (I think it was the last one on the first row).
This is Ornaments from Misty Hill Studio; it’s part of their Mid-Century Modern Christmas collection. If I’m remembering correctly, I bought it during 123stitch’s summer Christmas sale, even though it wasn’t in the sale. I used the fabric that was used in the model: Zweigart 32 Count Silver Moon Belfast Linen. I had a little trouble with the outlines (miscounting and going over three instead of two), but once I had the outlines finished, the rest was easy. I did make a few changes: I made the hangers gold instead of black, I made the tops gold with white highlights instead of the other way around (it made more sense to me and it showed up better; in the picture, you could barely see the tops), and I made the gold spots in the top of the left ornament symmetrical because it bothered me that they weren’t. I’m not entirely happy with where I put the gold spots (I think the top two are too close together), but by the time I realized I wanted to move them, I’d done a few rows of the green and was not going to go back and change them.
I had intended to do two of them for Christmas cards for my sisters, but didn’t even get one finished by Christmas; I put it off and then ended up working two (part-time, 50+ hours) jobs in December and didn’t have the time or energy to finish even one. I think I’m going to do the Aluminum Tree for another one; it’s on sale right now at 123stitch.com for $3.99 (and I ordered this to make the shipping feel worth it).