I don’t feel like I stitched that much this month; I’m house-sitting for a few months and haven’t really adjusted all of my routine yet, including a place and time to stitch. I work nights, and I’m mostly sleeping when I was stitching at home; I would nap earlier in the afternoon (if needed) and eat dinner with everyone else and watch TV and stitch after dinner, and now I’m mostly eating earlier and napping later in the day. I did abandon the blackwork project completely for now; I didn’t even bring it with me.
Mostly, I worked on Jupiter from SpaceNavid on Etsy because it’s small and portable and I have the chart printed out, so I take it to my sister’s when I go for dinner and/or TV (no cable here). I do have the charts for the others, though I’ve been working from scans for 99. The other one is small, but it’s for a Christmas card that I don’t want my sister or her family to see before then. I think most of Jupiter’s progress is from this month; I did a couple of stitches in February when I bought the chart and I might have worked on it some in March and forgotten to take a picture of it (I keep it in a tote bag). I’m not entirely sure I centered it correctly, but it will have to do.
This month, I worked the most on 99 by Ink Circles. I am enjoying working on it; I am a beer drinker and it’s fun trying to recognize the bottles or seeing new ones. I’m working it on 32 count natural linen. I did make a couple of changes: the brackets holding up the shelves were in two parts and I connected them, and one of the bottles had a bottle color in the label part (I think it was the last one on the first row).
I think the project I worked on this month was Mahjong by Seba Designs (I don’t think this design is for sale anywhere right now; I bought it from her etsy shop, which is now gone). I’m using 32-count oyster linen, DMC 310 for the outlines, and DMC 4025 for the designs. Of course, the reason why it was the thing I worked on most was because I was testing colors and making mistakes. I think my biggest problem was that I didn’t realize there were two squares around the center motif, so sometimes I counted 20 stitches and sometimes I counted 22. I think it should be smoother sailing from now on. I will probably still have counting and placement issues, but the outlines at least should be easier now that I have the middle complete and correct.
I don’t feel like I stitched much on my WIPs this month. This is the top third of the bookmark version of Fractal 345 from Cross-Stitch Collectibles. As near as I can tell, I last worked on it in August 2012. I took this on vacation because it was small and I had the chart printed out; I work of my laptop a lot, especially for smaller projects. I don’t know when I’ll work on it next; my goal was to finish those two pages.
This is Stained Glass Holly by Ink Circles; it’s from the Christmas ornament preview in Just Cross Stitch August 2014. I think I’m going to use it as a Christmas card and might do it again for another card. I started it in June; it took a bit longer than I expected, though I did work on other things as well. I had one small problem with it: I did the square around it first, and I accidentally turned it so that the stitches on the outside are crossed differently than the stitches on the inside.
I think I worked a little on Ink Circles’ Cirque des Cercles and a little on my latch hook, but mostly I worked on things intended for gifts this month and I don’t feel like I did much of that.
I worked some on Ink Circles’ Stained Glass Holly ornament from the Christmas ornament preview in Just Cross Stitch August 2014; it will probably be a card, not an ornament. It’s taking longer than I thought it would (though everything does).