This is Mars from SpaceNavid on Etsy; I thought I started it last month, but it’s not in the WIP post for June. If I did start it last month, it was only a few stitches because I finished Jupiter somewhere around the 28th. I’ve made excellent progress on it; it helped that there were very large single-color areas that went very quickly. I’ve started the areas with more colors and fewer stitches per color, so the rest will not be quite so easy. I still might finish it in August, though. I’ll probably switch back to 99 after this instead of another planet.
I don’t feel like I stitched that much this month; I’m house-sitting for a few months and haven’t really adjusted all of my routine yet, including a place and time to stitch. I work nights, and I’m mostly sleeping when I was stitching at home; I would nap earlier in the afternoon (if needed) and eat dinner with everyone else and watch TV and stitch after dinner, and now I’m mostly eating earlier and napping later in the day. I did abandon the blackwork project completely for now; I didn’t even bring it with me.
Mostly, I worked on Jupiter from SpaceNavid on Etsy because it’s small and portable and I have the chart printed out, so I take it to my sister’s when I go for dinner and/or TV (no cable here). I do have the charts for the others, though I’ve been working from scans for 99. The other one is small, but it’s for a Christmas card that I don’t want my sister or her family to see before then. I think most of Jupiter’s progress is from this month; I did a couple of stitches in February when I bought the chart and I might have worked on it some in March and forgotten to take a picture of it (I keep it in a tote bag). I’m not entirely sure I centered it correctly, but it will have to do.
This month, I worked the most on 99 by Ink Circles. I am enjoying working on it; I am a beer drinker and it’s fun trying to recognize the bottles or seeing new ones. I’m working it on 32 count natural linen. I did make a couple of changes: the brackets holding up the shelves were in two parts and I connected them, and one of the bottles had a bottle color in the label part (I think it was the last one on the first row).
I feel like I haven’t been doing as much cross-stitch this year as I have in years past; it’s June and I’ve only finished two things this year so far. Mostly this month I worked on Geometric Dreams No. 1 from GoldenCircleDesigns on etsy. I’m working it on 28-count evenweave with three strands of DMC 3847. I ended up working in the lower left corner by starting on that section with the frame upside down from the way I had been holding it; luckily, the stitches were going in the same direction as they were with the frame right side up. I know that since it’s symmetrical it really doesn’t matter which way is up as long as the stitches are all in the same direction, but it bothered me.
I worked on four things this month, all purchased charts (two etsy, one Artecy, one Art of Stitching); I did start one new piece instead of working more on existing projects. I finished pages two and three of Alphonse Mucha’s Moon from Art of Stitching, but I didn’t work on it any more than that. I felt somewhat intimidated by the mostly empty page four.
Mostly, I worked on Alphonse Mucha’s Moon (part of Miniature Set 11 from Art of Stitching). I’m getting closer and closer to the end of pages two and three; maybe I’ll finish them this month. It’s taken me about a year and a half to get to this point, so maybe I’ll have it finished by the end of 2017.
I worked on eight unfinished projects this year: six cross-stitch, one needlepoint project, and one latch hook. Out of the cross-stitch projects, one was a picture, four were for cards, and one was a bookmark.
My main work in progress for the year was Alphonse Mucha’s Moon:
I failed to finish several cards this year; I had one for my sister’s birthday (and planned on one for my other sister, but didn’t even start it when I realized I wouldn’t finish the first one). I also had three different starts for Christmas cards and kept giving up on them when I thought I wouldn’t have enough time to finish them.
I started a bookmark from a chart that came with a pack of satin floss, but didn’t get very far with it; I like the way satin floss looks, but I don’t like working with it very much. I’m not even sure where it is right now.
I worked a tiny bit on the Bokhara needlepoint pillow; the outside is the most tedious part and I’m finding it hard to get motivated to work on it.
I think I did one row on the Floral D’Vine latch hook:
This is The Moon by Alphonse Mucha from Miniature Set 11 at The Art of Stitching. I’ve hit an annoying part; the flowers in her hair are confetti stitching and in that part, I think I’m spending more time beginning and ending threads instead of stitching. I’m approaching five squares (a page) across and four down (out of eleven across and fifteen plus four stitches down). It’s going to take a while.