This bracelet is from a pattern called “Vintage” by Tauriel, who is no longer on Etsy. I had a couple of minor issues, but overall, everthing went fine. I did change a couple of bead colors here and there, and kind of wish I’d changed a few more (I would have narrowed some of the blue outlines, if I’d noticed before I did them). I did a ring and toggle clasp from Melissa van Dijk’s site. The instructions were clear and easy to follow, but for some reason I had more problems making them than I did with the bracelet overall. I’m not entirely happy with the colors I used on the ring and toggle, but they look ok and work (I wore it tonight and it didn’t come undone).
I started more things than I finished this month, though I needed to start one of them (I finished one Christmas card and started another). I worked some on this peyote-stitch bracelet (Vintage by Tauriel on Etsy).
For cross-stitching, I worked mostly on Christmas cards; I finished one and started this one. They are from a kit by Vervaco. It’s charted with full stitches only, but I’m using some quarter stitches around the curves of the heart (and will for the ornaments) because I think it will look better.
I worked a tiny bit on 99 by Ink Circles; I finished the interior of the bottle I’m currently outlining.
I also worked a little on Celtic bookmark 10 from Artecy. I’m currently planning on purple interiors, but may change my mind between now and whenever I get the outline finished.
For some reason, I started a new bookmark. There was a post somewhere on the 123stitch.com message board about temperature bookmarks, where you do a bit each day with a color representing the high temperature for that day. I’d run across the concept (maybe for scarves) before and been interested. I found a pattern on reddit, though I’m doing five 5×1 areas instead of 9×2 across since I’m using 14 count plastic canvas instead of 18 count Aida. It came to me later that I could have done 7 4×1 areas across and had it by weeks without adding much width, but it was too late by that point. I wanted a little more color variation than the key with that pattern, so I used a slightly modified version of one that was linked in the discussion (from here; the colors were three-degree spans for the warmer temps and five for the colder, and I chose to have everything in four-degree spans). I’m taking my weather data from Weather Underground, copying the temperature data into a spreadsheet, and (somehow) coming up with a pattern (well, a 5×73 list of color codes). January was interesting, temperature-wise (lowest high was 22, highest high was 68).