Tags

, , ,

One the one hand, I don’t feel like I have much to show for works in progress for June; on the other hand, I did finish two projects. I’m getting closer to the end of Aluminum Tree from Misty Hill Studio. I hope I can finish it by the time I’m done house-sitting; I ought to be able to finish it by Christmas.

Aluminum Tree progress 2017

This is going to be the interlaced heron bookmark from Celtic Needlepoint by Alice Starmore. I started out with it as cross stitch, two strands on 22 count fabric because one of the colors is blended. I didn’t like the way it looked and thought the background done last would cover the edges of the stitches on the birds, so I restarted it as half cross stitch (two strands). I also realized after I’d made that decision that if I’d kept on with full cross stitch, I’d probably have had to make some changes to the chart. I don’t have much progress to show, but it should go faster this way.

Interlaced Heron bookmark progress June 2017

I also started Art Deco 4 bracelet from SmartArtsSupply on Etsy; I substituted blues for the golds. I’m not sure if I’m actually going to make it into a bracelet; some days I think it’s a little wide for my tastes (2 1/2 inches). I might just finish the ends and call it a bookmark. It’s two drop odd count peyote which I hadn’t done before, but I caught on quickly. I had problems with it twisting at the beginning; there’s still a twist in the first three rows on the end with the stop bead, which may be why the end beads on that side are a little higher than everything else. I was going along fine until I ran into a part of the chart that is not symmetrical; I chose one end to mirror on the other, but a few rows into that part, I decided that I didn’t like the way it looked and wanted to use the other side of some of the rows. I ended up pulling out a few rows because of this and still have a few more beads that I want out (I want five black beads on the ends of the current row, not four).

Art Deco 4 progress June 2017

Advertisements