I swapped out the dragon for the poppies (Field of Poppies from Dimensions). My goal for the month was to finish that poppy; I thought I had, but discovered that I hadn’t when I took the picture. I know what I’ll be working on later.
I had a couple of blank canvases (bought on clearance at Michaels), so I went to the library and rummaged through their needlepoint books and started a new needlepoint project: the Bokhara cushion from Tapestry and Beadwork: Canvaswork Projects for the Home by Julia Hickman. It called for Appleton crewel wool; I used embroidery floss (cheaper and easier to get). I’m not entirely happy with the coverage; maybe I should have used more strands of floss (the other book I got said use 12 strands on 14 count, but that seems like it would be too much, especially for the tent stitch areas).
I bought yet another kit: Success from Candamar designs, from the same series as Joy:
Last, but not least, I got Just Cross Stitch’s Halloween issue: